The CES Knowledge Exchange brings together some resources and information from the external environment which are relevant to CES’s work with public services in the following general areas: children and families, youth, health and mental health, education, youth justice, service implementation and public service reform.
In the news
A new diversity training initiative for gardai in dealing with a range of issues, including autism, youth mental health and LGBT issues
- An article from The Conversation on why women need access to better maternal health care
- A new report from the Samaritans on suicide rates.
In tools and resources
- A blog entry from Child Trends on parental depression
- Dr Sabine Brennan’s video series How can I keep my brain healthy
- A blog entry from NESTA about ‘an experimental culture’ in government based on reflections from practice.
In research and publications
- A report from the ESRI on the effects of financing systems change on Irish healthcare expenditure
- Flourishing from the Start is new research from Child Trends.
- A transcript of a debate in the Joint Committee on Education and Skills about positive mental health in schools
- A report from DCYA – State of the Nation, with trends and information on different aspects of children’s lives.