The CES Knowledge Exchange brings together some resources and information from the external environment which are relevant to CES’s work with public services in the following general areas: children and families, youth, health and mental health, education, youth justice, service implementation and public service reform.
In the news
- A new study finds that children living in the poorest areas of the UK are more likely to go into care
- Data and statistics on the numbers of fathers taking paternity leave since it was introduced.
- Coverage of a new report in Northern Ireland on the work needed to develop an integrated schools sector.
In resources and blogs
- A series of podcasts from the BBC, which brings together examples of successful polices from around the world, and the stories behind their implementation.
- Videos from the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Conference recently organised by the Education Policy Institute (UK)
- An interactive report which includes videos, podcasts and factsheets on co-production, from a recent conference in Northern Ireland.
Publications and research
- Publications that will be of interest to the EPPI team include a special issue of the Research, Policy and Planning Journal, focused on child neglect, and a report from the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights on child friendly justice.
- A new report published by the Irish Association of Social Workers on foster care.
- A report including evidence based guidelines on healthy eating patterns for infants and toddlers up to two years of age.
- A study published by the Lancet on the impact of deprivation on children’s development.
- The issue of data of rape and sexual abuse survivors was raised as a topical issue for discussion in Dáil Eireann this week
- A PQ on Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- A transcript from a recent Joint Oireachtas Committee on Children and Youth Affairs, featuring contributions from Tusla, the Child and Family Agency.