The CES Knowledge Exchange brings together some resources and information from the external environment which are relevant to CES’s work with public services in the following general areas: children and families, youth, health and mental health, education, youth justice, service implementation and public service reform.
- Read coverage of the new Cancer Strategy launched earlier this week
- Articles on new research published on the impact of alcohol consumption, and women’s nutrition during pregnancy.
In tools and resources
- A new training module called ‘Talk to me Baby’ produced by Harvard is designed for use by practitioners working with parents
- The Toolkit Project is an online resource of tools – from ‘The Six Thinking Hats’ to newer tools which can be used to support partnership working, storytelling and strategy
- Videos from the launch of the UK and Ireland Campbell Collaboration Centre in Queens University Belfast.
In publications, policy and research
- A review of the evidence on social media and child mental health
- A new ESRI report on poverty, stress and quality of life in Ireland
- The latest ‘Realising Ambition’ Insight looks at the costs and benefits of prevention for reducing youth offending.
- The topic of child protection was discussed in the Oireachtas this week. The Minister for Children and Youth Affairs took questions on the supports in place for social workers in Tusla, the Child and Family Agency. There was also a discussion on plans to implement recommendations from Dr Geoffrey Shannon’s recent report on Section 12 of the Childcare Act.